Search for NCAA Division I, II, and III legislation, legislative proposals and major infractions cases. Additionally, log in to search Interpretations and Educational Columns. There are two primary ways to get started:
- Start with a keyword search against one or more search categories and then narrow down your results via the set of filters provided on the left-side of the results page.
- Select a category from the top navigation bar under Search. This will return all results within the category. From there you may filter your results down to the information you seek.
Keyword search operators:
- AND - results must contain both/all keywords
- OR - results must contain at least one of the keywords (an OR operator is implied when no operators are used)
- "" (double quotes) - Exact phrase matching
- NOT - results may not include the keyword immediately following the NOT operator
- + (plus sign) - Results containing keyword immediately following + operator are required for inclusion (similar to AND operator)
- - (minus sign) - Results containing keyword immediately following - operator are excluded (similar to NOT operator)
- * (asterick) - Multiple character wildcard search
- ? (question mark) - Single character wildcard search
Additional tips and tricks:
- Select one or more search categories to narrow your results or select All Categories to search across everything in the LSDBi database.
- Initial search defaults to the logged in user's default division based on school affiliation or user preferences. The division can be changed on the results pages.
- All categories may be searched by one or more keywords with the following additional tips:
- Search for legislation by specific or partial legislative cite.
- Search for legislative proposals by proposal number, proposal id, or impacted legislative cites.
- Search for Interpretations and Educational Columns (login required) by publish date (MM/DD/YYYY) or month(MM/YYYY).
- Search for Major Infraction cases via institution or conference name.